Membership & Donations
Annual Memberships and Donations are a significant source of revenue for the Center, helping us with the cost of preserving our historic building and keeping our shop, galleries and meeting rooms “open for business".
Our beautiful historic building is a gift to the people of Washburn and the Chequamegon Bay area and we value your generous assistance in helping to maintain it. Through your support we are able to make this unique community center available for meetings, receptions, civic get-togethers, classes, workshops and exhibits. By joining the Center or making a recurring annual gift, you help ensure that this grand old building is available to all and that Washburn’s rich history continues to be preserved for generations to come.
Memberships are available for individuals, families and businesses. If you, our loyal supporter, wish to contribute any additional funds, we are always grateful. If you would like your donation to go to a specific purpose, please indicate your preference when you click the button.
Washburn Cultural Center’s “Wish List” for 2017 and Beyond
- New concrete steps for both the main corner entrance and the Bayfield Street entrance.
- Handicap accessible ramp and shed roof outside the Bayfield Street entrance; this was a part of the original building plan, but so far neither of these accessibility needs have been met due to a lack of funds.
- A new computer and phone system; ours are quickly approaching obsolescence.
- Climate control, either new window units or central air, for second and third floors.
- Funding for new WCC programming, like curated exhibits or summer programs for families and kids
- Funds to upgrade our permanent collection of art — museum quality matting and framing.
- Storage shelving!